We’re here to help if you’ve been affected by any type of crime. The support and information we offer is specific to your needs and the crime you’ve experienced.
Our specialist support is available for all victims (adults and children) in London. It’s important to know that we can help you whether you choose to report a crime to the police, or not. We won’t judge you or tell you what to do. We will listen to you and help you to work out your next steps.
This service is provided by a national charity called Victim Support and is independent of the police.
We understand that you may feel overwhelmed after experiencing a crime. This is completely normal, and we have a specialist team to help you understand your rights and your needs.
When you contact LVWS, we will:
- give the immediate support you need and check whether your safety is at risk
- help you decide if you need more support
- refer you to a caseworker for ongoing support, if needed.
If you are referred for ongoing support, a caseworker will:
- contact you within two working days
- make sure you know how to contact them
- give you time and space to talk about what you’ve experienced, and how it has affected different areas of your life
- answer any questions you may have about the support we offer or the justice system
- identify the right support for you and your circumstances
- agree the next steps with you.