Refuges have a specialist team to help you move towards a fresh start in life. They can help with:
- safety planning
- finding a safe, permanent home
- your finances, debt and access to benefits
- your health and wellbeing
- legal advice
- training education and employment
- access to childcare and schools if you have children
- support within the community, which fits with your culture.
Refuge staff understand what you’ve been through and will help you make sense of what’s happened. They will never judge you or tell you what to do. They will listen, support and give you the space you need to make your own decisions.