We know that experiencing a crime can have a huge impact on your mental health. It’s normal to have strong emotions after a crime. You may feel:
- distant from loved ones.
These emotions can cause physical symptoms such as:
- being unable to sleep
- difficultly concentrating
- other health problems.
Support can help you to move forward and get back to what’s normal for you. For some people, this can take longer. Everyone is different, so the support we give is individual to you and your situation.
How we can help
We give listening support. You may find it helpful to talk to someone outside of your friend and family circle because:
- our team has lots of experience and is specially trained to support you
- you may not want to worry your friends and family
- our support is unbiased
- we will never judge you or tell you what to do
- if you’re feeling overwhelmed, we can help you understand complex information and processes.
Some victims and witnesses find they need extra support. We work with organisations that specialise in mental health and we can help you find the right service for you.